A running toilet is not only annoying, but it wastes water (and your money!). Usually the flapper is the blame. Fixing the flapper is super easy and can be done in less than 5 minutes.
Watch below for a verbal explanation from Keith on how to replace a flapper!
Here are the steps:
- Turn off water to the toilet by closing the shut off valve. The shut off valve will be next to the toilet at the wall.
- drain the tank by flushing the toilet.
- remove the old flapper by disconnecting the chain.
- install the new flapper by connecting the chain back to the arm handle and put the flapper where it should go.
- Flush the toilet a few times to ensure the new flapper is working correctly.
If you aren't sure that your tank is leaking come by the shop and get a dye tab - free of charge! All you have to do is drop the dye tab into the tank and wait a few minutes to see if the blue dye shows up in the bowl. Do not flush! If you see blue in the bowl then you have a leak.
Questions? Please call us at 940-761-2040.
Click below to download our FREE yearly plumbing maintenance checklist. you can also sign up for email reminders. Quarterly, we will send you an email with a few things to check for.