Let's talk about hot water... You probably already know that in order to wash your clothes on a sanitize cycle - you have to have hot water. To sanitize the dishes in your dishwasher - you have to have hot water. To take a shower or run a hot bath - you have to have hot water. Let’s face it, your family needs a lot of hot water and you don’t want to have to worry about running out! But, you could have an endless supply of hot water.
Tankless water heaters heat the water as you run it. No more running out of hot water!!
Tankless Heaters have many benefits. Here are just a few:
- They have superior energy efficiency, and can be ran off gas or propane (in certain applications electric only) just like a traditional water heater. Instead of heating up so many gallons to fill a tank and then continuing to keep that water hot, it heats the water as you use it.
- They take up much less space, generally about the size of an electrical fuze box - there is no longer a need for a full closet.
- They don't store water so the chances of one busting and flooding your house decreases significantly.
- The life span of a tankless water heater can be up to twice as long as a traditional water heater. So, although the cost for one is a little higher, you can get more time out of it before it's time to replace it.
- If sized correctly one unit can run every fixture in your house at the same time for as long as you like!
On that note, like all things in life, they come with a few cons too:
- The cost for a tankless water heater is higher than a traditional water heater.
- They need to be maintained in order to achieve that longer lifespan. Should be flushed out with a descaler periodically depending on the quality of your water.
Do you think tankless might be best for your family? Get with one of our team members today to ask! We would love to give you a quote on installing one. If tankless isn't best and you just need to update your traditional water heater, we would still love to serve you.
Some plumbing problems are better left to the professionals, but there are some that homeowners can feel confident in fixing themselves! Below, we will list a few and provide additional information on how to fix them!
There is nothing ore annoying than getting in the shower and the water pressure being terrible! Did you know that you can typically fix this problem on your own if your water pressure issues are because you have a lime scale buildup?
Whether you are a dog person or a cat person (or both!) here are some tips that will help your pet and your plumbing!
Drains get clogged - it happens. But, we have some tips to help you keep your drain draining smoothly!
Catching a plumbing leak early can save you money and a headache! Here are some things to watch for...
Wichita Falls and it's surrounding communities are blessed to have neighborhoods with beautiful mature trees! Trees add shade to our landscapes, but they have their disadvantages as well. (No, not because you have to rake leaves!)
The dishwasher is a super treasured appliance. I mean, it cleans and dries a bunch of dirty dishes in about an hour! Your dishwasher has some rules though... make sure you know them to keep it (and your belongings!) safe and in working order.